Technology as an enabler to solve for the UN Sustainable Development Goals
GirlCodeHack is an annual event hosted on the first weekend of August, in commemoration of Women's month by GirlCode designed to spark, renew and elevate an interest in coding amongst young women and girls. The objective of the Hackathon is to provide young girls, eager to join to the software industrywith an opportunity to develop some of the real-world skills they need to enter the business environment. All hacks will be judged by industry leaders to determine the winners.
$500 in prizes
R1000 Udemy Vouchers
R500 Udemy Vouchers
R200 Udemy Vouchers
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Gender: Female
- Age: 18-30 years of age
- Employment: College/Varsity Students/Recent Graduate
- Year: First to Final year of study
- Residency: South Africa
- Qualifications: I.T related Degree/Diploma
- Country: South Africa
Teams must submit the following at the end of the hackathon
- A 5 slide powerpoint presentation answering the following questions:
- UN SDG Chosen
- Problem Statement
- Technology used
- What makes your solution unique
- Create and submit a 3min video explaining why you chose the problem statement and the solution.
- Create and submit screenshots or photographs of the Application (in PDF format)
Submission Period (August 2, 2020 at 9:00am - 10:00am)
Problem Solution Fit:
Is the problem well-defined? Is the solution a good fit for mitigating or resolving the issue?
Originality & Impact:
What is novel about the solution the team has proposed? Has it been done before? What will we learn from the solution that we didn't already know before?
How easy-to-use is the application? How elegant and engaging is the user experience and design?
How functional and well-implemented is the prototype demo. Does the code work?
- Social Good